- Current enrollment at Cheraw Primary School is 500.
- There are 23 homeroom teachers.
- The student to teacher ratio ranges from 20:1 to 22:1.
- Cheraw Primary School (CPS) is fully accredited.
- The school has received the Exemplary Writing Award for 97-98, 98-99, 00-01, and 03-06.
- CPS has also received the Literacy Spot Award and achieved deregulation status.
- CPS has previously received the School Incentive Award.
Speech therapy, ABT occupational, and physical therapy is provided as needed. Special classes are provided for identified students in preschool through second grade. Accreditation
CPS has met the requirements established by the AdvanED Accreditation Commission and Board of Trustees is hereby accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement. Assembly Programs
Each grade level performs a program during the year directed by the music teacher, art teacher, physical education teacher, and the librarian. Extracurricular Activities
Field trips, visits by children's authors and illustrators, and an after-school care program are provided for students.